Rising star Isabelle McCalla is returning to Broadway tonight in the brand new musical comedy The Prom and we caught up with the actress to learn more about her!
Isabelle made her Broadway debut earlier this year as Jasmine in Disney’s Aladdin and she joins a star-studded cast of theater veterans for the new show. She is pictured here on the right alongside co-star Caitlin Kinnunen.
The Prom begins performances tonight and the official opening night if on November 15.
Get to know Isabelle with the 10 Fun Facts below:
- 1. I’m a native New Yorker (grew up in Queens, Rockland County, and now Manhattan).
- 2. French was my first language. My father is Haitian and my grandmother and aunts would speak French with me whenever I was with them. I’ve lost a bit of it, but I can hold a conversation.
- 3. If I could eat pasta all day every day without any repercussions, I absolutely would.
- 4. I am a HUGE Harry Potter nerd (Ravenclaw for life)
- 5. I got in a fight with a monkey once. He tried to steal my water bottle. Wrong move monkey!
Click inside for the rest of the fun facts…
- 6. I am an extremely clumsy person. I once dropped mashed potatoes on someone’s tux when I was catering a banquet event.
- 7. I have a hobby of going to bookstores in every new city I travel to, and I always walk away with three books. Used bookstores are my favorite. My room is just turning into a library.
- 8. Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand are my musical idols.
- 9. I love dialects and impressions. I’ve always had a knack for voices, so sometimes in my spare time I’ll just teach myself new accents.
- 10. I love to listen to film scores. They make me feel all the feels. John Williams’ Close Encounters theme is my absolute favorite.